Multi-material 3D joining and optimum molding technology for higher reliability than the current joining in the aviation field
A New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO) project.
Cooperation afflication: Chiba Lab, Institute for Material Research, Tohoku University Ogawa Lab, Fracture and Reliability Research Institute, Tohoku University
Goal: Development of metallized CFRP composites by cold spray and PVD technique and other additive manufacturing methods to enhance their electrical, thermal, and mechanical properties. Responsibilities:
- Creation of a new processing method.
- Revelation of the bonding mechanism and delamination behavior.
- Development of the bonding strength strategy.
- Development of High-Strength, High-Speed Joining and Assembly Technology for Composite Components and Metals in Aircraft Parts
- Adhesion mechanism of Sn coatings on the carbon fiber reinforced plastics using cold spray technique
- Cold spray Sn coating on carbon fiber reinforced plastics
- Dynamic recrystallization of Sn coatings on carbon-fiber-reinforced plastics during cold spray additive manufacturing
- Thermal Effects in Sn Coating on a Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic by Cold Spraying